March 14, 2010 | By: Tracy

I *heart* Mr. Darcy!

Thanks to a long, rainy weekend, I have finished reading Pride & Prejudice. By the end of the story I was as much in love with Mr. Darcy as Elizabeth was. He grew on us both.
It may have taken me a while to get around to reading it for the first time, but I am now among the legions of those who fell in love with Lizzy and Mr. Darcy! I knew I was hooked when they accidentally ran into each other at Pemberly. I got all kinds of nervous, excited and embarrassed right along with them. (For the record, I had a feeling from the very get-go George Wickham was going to turn out to be a creep. Men who are that good-looking and that charming right off the bat, you have to watch out for.)
Now that I'm done reading it, I'm a little sad. I know I'll come back and read it again at a later time, but for now I'm going to miss them. I think that's when you know you've read a really good book . . . when you don't want to say goodbye to the make-believe people from them.
My ultimate goal is to write a story with characters people feel emotionally attached to, even after they've finished reading the book. *fingers crossed*

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment