March 2, 2010 | By: Tracy

What Day Is It?

It's "What The Heck is Gonna Happen on LOST" night! Please TV gods, make them answer at least one of my questions. Hey, I've had a rough week (yes, I know it's only Tuesday): -- I'm officially going through Olympics withdrawal. (I now have an incredible desire to go ice skating and shopping with Johnny Wier, and I fear that neither is going to happen.) -- One of my best girls, Kristin, is on her way down to Sarasota for a week of spring training and I'm so freaking jealous it's not even funny (warm weather and good-looking men in tight white pants, what's not to like?). -- And I bit off all my nails during the USA vs. Canada hockey game, so now I'm having adjust to not being able to pry things open with them. Had I realized prior to the game how much I depend on said nails, I would have thought twice before chewing them. I was also up until almost 2am last night, re-writing my first chapter, but I'm not complaining, believe it or not. For months, I've been iffy on that chapter. It just didn't feel right. Seriously, I've revised and revised and revised that first chapter, and was still never a hundred percent sold on it -- which is not a good thing, since that's often the first one agents and editors want to see. Late last night (oh so very late) I finally gave myself permission to just say to heck-with-it and completely re-write it to see what I could come up with. And now I love it! Why didn't I do that months ago?! Oh, also this weekend I started reading "Pride & Prejudice". I'm slightly ashamed to admit I've never read it before (nor watched the movie), even though it's one of those books that's always talked about. Soon enough I'll be able to decide for myself if Mr. Darcy is worth all the hubbub. I'm only on chapter ten so far, so he hasn't done much to sway me one way or the other. I'm not averse to slightly arrogant men, it would seem.

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment