May 25, 2010 | By: Tracy

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round

I swear I’m starting to sound like a broken record repeating myself -- though now that I think about it, broken records don’t repeat. In fact, broken records don’t play at all. I wonder why the saying isn’t “sounding like a skipping record” instead?!?

ANYWAY…

I do realize I’ve been terribly neglectful of my blogging friends, as well as the blog itself. Nothing is wrong with me . . . other than I’m desperately trying to discover a loophole for this whole there are only 24 hours in a day deal we have going on.

The new job is going well. I think this place might be a really good fit for me and my personality. It’s nice & quiet in the office for the majority of the day, but it’s a laid-back quiet which works well for me. In case you haven’t noticed, I have a tendency to be a little hyper-aware of . . .  well, just about everything. There are so many less distractions to my concentration (I’m convinced I’m borderline ADHD anyway) that I’m looking forward to the time when things get – as I’ve been warned – noticeably slower. Might turn out to be a good place to get some writing done.

I’m leaving on Friday to head to San Francisco.



They say this is where I'm staying. The room looks nice and spacious, but I’m worried about the traffic noise and gusting winds. *shrugs*

Don’t know how much time (if any) I’ll have to get on the computer. So if you don’t hear from me at ALL after Friday don’t panic. If you don’t hear from me by the 7th at the latest, please call Alcatraz to make sure I wasn’t accidently left behind on the boat tour.

Other than that I have nothing to announce …. except that LOST is officially over and I’m officially in mourning. Please send copious amounts of chocolate!

7 witty remarks:

Stina said...

I'd send you chocolate, but I ate it all. ;)

I'm probably borderline ADHD as well. I can't even write with music on. I'm jealous of those who can.

Terry Towery said...

Enjoy San Fransciso, it's a great place. Maybe you can catch a Giants game while you're there? That, or you can stalk Nathan Bransford! :)

Jessica Bell said...

LOL. have a safe trip! xx

Tracy said...

Thanks, Jessica!

Terry - I was thinking about trying to fit in a Giants game if there is time ... but the idea of stalking Nathan never even occured to me. The very first time I ever read Nathan's blog he was talking about an incident with a would-be writer showing up at the office looking for him and that it was an uncomfortably freaky experience for him. How fitting if I were to do that same thing. ;o)

Shelley Sly said...

Have an awesome trip!

I have an award for you at my blog whenever you're back around in the blogging world!

JE said...

Crap...I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all night. Thanks. ;-)

I miss your daily blogging :-(
I understand though...that 24 hours go so fast, doesn't it? Too bad you have to spend 8 of it sleeping. Imagine how much you would get done if you didn't have to sleep!

Glad to see the new job is going good. Next up...your book! Bestseller!! ;-)

~JD

Nishant said...

I can't even write with music on.
PPC Advertising India

Post a Comment