November 1, 2010 | By: Tracy

Holy Crap, is it Really November Already?!?

It's officially November, which means... my crazy life is about to get uber crazy.  Not only that, but the uber craziness will be of my own doing. (I've heard that insane people don't question their sanity, so for the time being I'm still safe in that regard.)

First up is NaNoWriMo. If you're a writer, in the blogging atmosphere, you'd pretty much have to be completely out of the loop not to know what NaNo is, so I won't go into a long drawn out explanation.

Next up is NaNoQuerMo. Unfortunately, NaNoQuerMo doesn't have a nice fancy site...because I made the idea up myself. Not only did I make it up myself...BUT I only made it up about a week ago. It's sort of an unofficial deal really.

For those who don't want to read the longer version. It's basically a challenge to stop researching and starting SENDING out those query letters. Highly nerve wracking.  (Do you see how nervous Evangeline Lily--at least I think that's her--is for those of us participating?)



So far, Anne from Piedmont Writer is planning on joining in on the NaNoQuerMo insanity.  And, unless he's changed his mind, Adam Purple is thinking of attempting his own modified version. Hey, with NaNoQuerMo in its infancy, you can pretty much make up your own rules.

If anyone else is interested in joining in on the fun feel free to hop on in. For those of you who aren't ready yet, but understand the potentially nerve wracking experience we're about to undertake, please lend us your support and encouraging words throughout the month. Hugs help!




7 witty remarks:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I am already amuck in NaNoQuerMo - does that count? :-)

notesfromnadir said...

I think this is a wonderful idea! Wishing you all the best in finding an agent.

Melissa said...

GIANT HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! (and many exclamations to make the point)

I wish you all the luck this month... I'll be having my own NaNoQuerMo but in about six months - after I've edited the crap out of my novel. Since it's in its infancy, is it alright if I bend the rules so I can do it half a year from now???

adam.purple said...

Well, there's no way for me to back out now, is there? :-)

It's nearly the end of the first day. Have you sent your first query yet?

Anne R. Allen said...

Anne at Piedmont Writer sent me over. Awesome plan. I'm in!

Shelley Sly said...

Hugs to all! Good luck with NaNoQuerMo!

Terry Towery said...

It's getting to the point where EVERY month is NaNoQuerMo for me! Good luck to you. :)

Post a Comment