January 24, 2011 | By: Tracy

Taking A Day Off

So, I was thinking about shifting into a M/W/F blog routine. I mean, let's face it, as entertaining as I like to believe I am, even I have issues sometimes trying to come up with meaningful (really, they're just entertaining) posts five days a week.

And those extra two days of not-blogging would give me time to get around to more of those of you I don't get to see on a regular basis. Sounds like a great plan, right?

It was, until I muffed on coming up with a blog post today.

Seriously? My first Monday on my new Monday/Wednesday/Friday plan and I screwed it up already?!  (In my defense I had a very busy weekend. For a great reason, but busy nonetheless)

Luckily, I think quick on my feet. So, I've declared today as my "I'm Taking a Day Off" day.

This is my first chance to start catching up with those of you I've neglected. If I haven't hit you up already, I promise anyone who leaves a comment here (especially if it's something along the lines of  "It's okay, Tracy, we love you no matter what") will DEFINITELY steer me over to your blog and I promise to come up with some sort of witty quip when I leave my comment. :D

Oh, also, if you're a new follower and I haven't stopped by to reciprocate (I'm big on reciprication...mostly because it's a fun word to say) don't be shy about letting me know.

Alright, so I'm off to enjoy my "day off".

Happy Monday, All!

PS -- Since I was too busy last night to work on it, I promise I'll draw a winner for my Last Sacrifice giveaway, this evening.

13 witty remarks:

Summer Frey said...

I definitely can't think of stuff to post about anymore. It's sad. I used to be able to think of stuff for two posts a day!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

No worries. It's okay, Tracey. You rock, anyway. (Was that good? lol)

I switched to M/W/F this summer. It was way too hectic. My hubs just started taking Wednesday off instead of Tuesdays, so now I'm contemplating a M/T/F schedule. Five days was too much (I have a team blog, too). Two days seems too little. Three days feels right, for me anyway.

Do what is best for you. We'll all be here regardless.

Stina said...

Considering I know what you were doing this weekend, you are definitely forgiven. :D

And since I only blog M/W/F, I'm happy with your decision. Now I'm not missing any posts. :D

LTM said...

seems like everyone's having one of "those" days... :D No worries, the muse is cyclical~ ;p

Meredith said...

I'm on a M/W/F schedule now, and it gives me so much more time! I hope it works out for you!

Saumya said...

Ah, I'm glad you're taking a day "off"! I had to cut down my blogging so I could visit all of the blogs I enjoy. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I was blogging 6/7 days a week...pulled back to 3 days a week over the summer...I still am active and have a good set of followers. Plus, I don't have to scrape around for ideas as much, LOL!

Claim your time off and enjoy!! :D

Chris Phillips said...

so you are going to post 2 days less a week and now you use your first day of posting to tell us about how much less you will be posting? well played, madam, well played.

*posters note - when spell checking how to spell madam (I had maddam) the second option was Saddam and i almost clicked it.

Matthew MacNish said...

I see what you did there. You made a post out of not posting. Very clever. Very Zen.

And I'm still working on that cats in a record store thing. I can't figure out how to make the GIFs work on my blog, but I won't give up!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Step back and take a breather. You deserve to take the time.

Melissa said...

I even find posting on MWF hard sometimes. I get so stressed with school and I have a lot of homework and I want to have a life too and writing and editing and ugh... it's a lot. Some weeks, I really just don't feel inspired.

Colene Murphy said...

I love only posting 3 days a week. It guarantees me plenty of time to catch all the blogs and all. Monday's are my hardest posting days though. So...actually you're kinda off to a good start!

Jessica Bell said...

Why don't you just post three days a week and then just choose which days as you see fit? There's nothing wrong with that! :o)

Post a Comment